American Agency Insurance Group, Inc.
In 1993, several Independent Insurance Agencies partnered together to form the cluster agency known as the American Agency Insurance Group, Inc. (AAIGI).
Current Member Agencies belonging to AAIGI include the following:
- St. Louis County – AIG Agency Inc., Chas. W. Dewitt Insurance Agency, Yates Insurance Services, and Yavitz Insurance Group
- St. Charles County – HSGW Insurance Services and Lindenwood Agency, Inc.
- Jefferson County – Fortune Insurance Group, LLC and Five Star Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Franklin County – Schroeder Insurance/Dan Yoest Insurance
- Lincoln County – K. Flynn Insurance Agency
Cluster Companies represented include the following:
- Chubb, Hartford, Liberty Mutual, Missouri Employers Mutual, Nationwide, Safeco, State Auto, and Travelers
The Mission of the American Agency Insurance Group, Inc. (AAIGI) is to provide our Independent Agency Members the option to be part of a dynamic group while remaining fully independent.
AAIGI achieves this Mission by offering the following:
- Each agent maintains complete ownership of their agency accounts and its identity
- Access to premier regional and national insurance markets
- A group of colleagues with many years of combined experience in the industry
- No large “up front” costs and no expensive or complicated exit constraints
- Discounted access to comparative rating programs and membership in MAIA
- Higher commission levels with some carriers
- 100% of contingencies received from carriers go to members based on pro-rata share of business written (no internal volume requirements)
- Built-in perpetuation – the ability of AAIGI or one of its members to maintain the first right of refusal
- Retain company contracts with companies not affiliated with the cluster
- Offers geographic spread so catastrophic losses have less impact on overall Loss Ratio
- Regular meetings to discuss issues facing the industry and/or the Independent Agency Members
- Members select a liaison for each cluster company relieving each agency from having to meet separately with every company representative. The information gathered by the liaison is shared at the regular Board Meeting.